Monday, January 9, 2012

What I Learned


It’s been a long time since the quarter started, and a lot has happened in that time. I’ve learned plenty of stuff this quarter, and it is almost time to learn plenty more. But what have I learned? Well, between all the stories I heard, the poems I read, and all the writing I did, the answer is, “a lot.”
A lot of what I learned comes not in the form of traditional information, but rather storytelling, and the morals of those stories that Mr. Good told. They were very interesting and I often learned more from them than I did in any of my other classes. From the funny stories like the time Mr. Good accidentally set a shed on fire to some of the more serious stories, they were always interesting, funny, informative, and expertly told.
Another major thing I did was get a little more exposure to poetry. Although I don’t care much for poetry and never read it before, the poetry out loud assignment helped me gain a better understanding of it and raised my interest level… a little bit. I read tons of poems trying to find the one that I would eventually read. Once I picked my poem, I had to analyze it to find the best way to read it. Analyzing it and saying it out loud, I think, really helped me improve my public speaking sills.
Obviously, I also did quite a bit of writing. I started by learning how to build a blog. Then I used it to write a variety of assignments online that helped my writing skills. The fast writes also gave me a chance to put my thoughts down on paper, stimulating creativity and improving writing skills again.
A lot has been learned this quarter, another step into adulthood. With this knowledge under my belt, who knows what will come next? Now it’s time to go on to semester two.

No comments:

Post a Comment